Art exhibition in the Church of St. Mary Virgin, Mold
1 – 6 May 2017
To maintain the highest possible presentational standards and to display artists work to the very best advantage we trust you will respect certain technical criteria when submitting your artwork.
- We will accept fine art work, two dimensional and photography. There will be a non-returnable Submission Fee of £3.00 per item. Cheques should be made payable to St Mary’s Church, Mold and should be submitted with the entry form. All entries must be for sale.
- No item should be more than 36 in [92 cm]. In any one direction.
- To enable Work(s) to be hung on a display board it should be framed to a good standard with mirror-plates attached centrally and pointing outwards ready for hanging, but with the screws taped over to prevent scratching pre-hanging. No clip frames please & no mounted work without frame] (box canvases will be accepted).
- Items should be labelled on the back with: artists name, title, medium and price with the same information on a tagged label (attached) that can hang over the front of the picture. The tagged label to be visible at the time of receipt in Church.
- Up to five items per artist may be submitted but there will be no guarantee that all will be accepted as we anticipate a significant entry.
- Receipt of submissions will be taken at the Church on Sunday 23 April [4-6 pm] and Monday 24 April [5-7 pm.].
- The ‘Pre-view Evening’ will be held at 7.30 on Saturday 29 April and the exhibition will be open to the public from 1 – 6 May [10.00 am. – 8.00 pm. Daily].
- Selected and unsold works should be collected on Sunday 7 May between 2 and 5 pm or Monday 8 May between 5 and 7 pm. The receipt given at the time of submission must be presented when collecting work.
- Sales will attract a 15% commission to Church funds with the balance payable to the artists by the end of the month.
- A ballot will be conducted to find the Most Popular entry and a prize will be given. The result of this, together with a photograph of the picture will appear as an item in the local press and St Mary’s News Letter.
- We may use photographs of entries for the purpose of publicising the Exhibition.
- The Committee retain the right of refusal of an item at their discretion.
- Every care will be taken to ensure that your work is safe but Artists should insure their own work against theft or damage.
- Detailed Entry Form (click here) to be returned with your entry fee, by Monday 10 April, to Mrs D Owens, 5 Argoed Avenue, New Brighton, Mold, CH7 6QL.
- Please make every endeavour to ensure your work complies with the above and if it should be necessary to change an entry please notify the Secretary as soon as possible.
Entry form: Click here